JUMA PA1000 Firmware Programming Update 2018-07-31
JUMA PA1000 firmware is easy to update. The latest firmware is available in this page. It is a HEX file with a version identification number (e.g. JUMA-PA1000-v1.06.hex). You can check your current firmware version in your JUMA PA1000 LCD display during start-up.
All you need is the bootloader client for Windows and a RS232 programming cable. The cable is connected to a RS232 port of your PC or you can plug a RS232-USB adapter directly to PA1000 D9 connector. We recommend FTDI compatible RS232-USB adapter for compatibility.
For the first time use you need to install the bootloader client for Windows (Ingenia dsPIC Bootloader V1.1)
Download and install ingenia dsPIC bootloader GUI V1.1
NOTE1. After installing the bootloader client, you must replace the original xml-file (ibl_dspiclist.xml) with this file ibl_dspiclist.xml Click mouse right button to save it. The xml file is typically located in hard disk folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Ingenia\ingeniadsPICbootloader.
If you get this Error code:-5 you have not properly replaced the xml file.
NOTE2. With newer versions of Windows you may need to run the bootloader client in XP SP3 compatibility with administrative rights.
NOTE3. You may also need these DLL files. Download and save if needed to the program folder msvcr71.dll | msvcp71.dll | MFC71.dll
Quick guide for JUMA PA1000 firmware programming
1. Download the latest HEX file to your hard disk (Use mouse right key to save)
2. Connect the programming RS232 cable or RS232-USB adapter
3. Run the Windows bootloader client (Ingenia dsPIC Bootloader)
4. Check bootloader client COM configuration and click “configuration done”
5. Start-up JUMA PA1000 while keeping the PAGE button pushed
6. Open the downloaded HEX file into the bootloader client
7. Click the “start write” button (the PA1000 AUTO LED is blinking when write is in progress)
8. When you see “Write completed” restart JUMA PA1000
JUMA PA1000 firmware HEX files. Click mouse right button to save the hex file.
Cable for JUMA PA1000 firmware programming